Sunday 22 July 2012

TNPSC GROUP-II Exam Original Question Paper- April 2010-Part 6

TNPSC GROUP-II Exam Original Question Paper- April 2010-Part 6


126. Select the correct sentence:
A)    I took pity on him
B)    I took pity for him
C)    I took pity about him
D)    I took pity in him

Answer: A

127. Select the correct sentence:
A)    His uncle met with an accident
B)    His uncle met for an accident
C)    His uncle met on an accident
D)    His uncle met in an accident

Answer: A

128. Select the correct sentence:
A)    I look forward to meet you
B)    I look forward on to meety you
C)    I look forward to meeting you
D)    I look forward for meeting you

Answer: C

129. Select the correct sentence:
A)    I met an European in my school
B)    I met a European in my school
C)    I met with European in my school
D)    I met the European in my school

Answer: A

130. Select the correct sentence:
A)    The competition for the 1st rank is for Tom and Ram
B)    The competition for the 1st rank is between Tom and Ram
C)    The competition for the 1st rank is among Tom and Ram
D)    The competition for the 1st rank is from Tom and Ram

Answer: B

Fill in the blank with a suitable homophone (Q. 131-135)

131. They went for a ………….
A)    sow
B)    saw
C)    show
D)    scene

Answer: C

132. Mr. Daniel is the ……… of the college.
A)    Principle
B)    Principal
C)    Princely
D)    Principality

Answer: B

133. The teacher writes on the …………
A)    bored
B)    board
C)    beard
D)    bird

Answer: B

134. Mumbai is a …………. city.
A)    populace
B)    populous
C)    populist
D)    populate

Answer: B

135. I have lost my …………
A)    dairy
B)    darn
C)    diary
D)    damp

Answer: C

136. Find out the error:
         Sekhar      is      a          M.A.
             A           B      C           D

         Answer: D

137. Find out the error:
         We         discussed     about          the matter
          A                   B                 C                    D
        
Answer: C

138. Find out the error:
         Mr.James          comes            in         Italy
                A                      B                C           D
        
Answer: C

139. Find out the error:
         Earth      moves             around            the sun
             A            B                      C                     D
        
Answer: A

140. Find out the error:
         He          is         a MLA             now
          A           B              C                   D
        
Answer: C

         Identify the sentence pattern (Q. 141-145)

141. They have revolutionized the life style
A)    SVC
B)    ASVC
C)    SVO
D)    SVA

Answer: C

142. The judge found him guilty
A)    SVOA
B)    SVOC
C)    SVCA
D)    SVIODO

Answer: B

143. They played well in the last match
A)    SVOA
B)    SVAA
C)    SVO
D)    SVCA

Answer: B

144. They selected him captain
A)    SVIODO
B)    SVOC
C)    SVOA
D)    SVAA

Answer: B

145. Raju played cricket
A)    SVC
B)    SVOA
C)    SVO
D)    SVOC

Answer: C

146. Change the Adjective in to Adverb: Daring
A)    dare
B)    daringly
C)    dared
D)    dares

         Answer: B

147. Change the noun into verb: Identification
A)    identity
B)    identical
C)    identify
D)    none

Answer: C

148. Find out the adverb:
A)    clearly
B)    clear
C)    clearance
D)    clearing

Answer: A

149. Find out the verb
A)    sleepy
B)    sleepless
C)    slept
D)    sleepiness

Answer: C

150. Change the verb into noun: Move
A)    moving
B)    moment
C)    movement
D)    none

Answer: C

No comments:

Post a Comment