Tuesday 26 November 2013

TNPSC Group 2 Exam-English-Previous Year Questions Topic wise analysis-Correct-Incorrect

TNPSC GROUP II ANALYSIS

CORRECT / INCORRECT:

TNPSC GROUP – II (RE EXAM) - November – 2012

1.       Which one of the following is a correct sentence?
A)   I had been living here since 1995
B)   I have been living here since 1995
C)   I were living here from 1995
D)   I was living here since 1995





Answer: B





2.       Select the incorrect sentence from the following:
A)   Look! The children are playing
B)   He is studying medicine
C)   The child always crying
D)   It is getting late





Answer: C




3.       Select the correct option to complete the given sentence:
           The officer looked ……………
A)   to the matter
B)   at the matter
C)   into the matter
D)   in the matter





Answer: C




4.       Select the incorrect sentence from the following sentences
A)   You met the actor who is the hero of this movie
B)   The bridge was damaged whom they were willing to set right
C)   I found my key which was missing
D)   I bought the book which I saw in shop





Answer: B




5.       Select the correct sentence
A)   He put out his coat
B)   He put in his coat
C)   He put at his coat
D)   He put on his coat





Answer: D






TNPSC GROUP – II EXAM (ORIGINAL QUESTION PAPER) - Year – 2012

6.         Which one of the following is a correct sentence?
A)   If you wasted water, you will be punished
B)   If you waste water, you will be punished
C)   If you waste waters, you will have ---- punished
D)   If you waste water, you will  have punished






Answer: B





7.         Which one of the following is a correct sentence?
A)   Nathan hardly listens to me
B)   Nathan hardly listened to mine
C)   Nathan listens hard to me
D)   Nathan hardly been listening to me






Answer: A





8.         Which one of the following is a correct sentence?
A)   Ramu is fond of eating ice cream
B)   Ramu is fond to eating ice cream
C)   Ramu is fond to eat ice cream
D)   Ramu is fond of eat ice cream






Answer: A





9.         The seed when sown in soil and watered, gives a plant which may grow into a tree. Similarly, the egg, when incubated, gives a chick.
            Pick out the correct statement.
A)   All the sown seeds become plants
B)   All the plants grow into big trees
C)   All the eggs when incubated give chicks
D)   None of these






Answer: D





10.       Select the incorrect sentence from the following:
A)     Much of the work was left undone
B)     Many trees were cut down
C)     Many students are absent today
D)     I don’t have many time





Answer: D





11.       Select the correct sentence from the following options given:
A)     No one can match his intelligence
B)     All can match his intelligence
C)     Everyone can match his intelligence
D)     Anyone can match his intelligence





Answer: A





TNPSC GROUP – II - July – 2011

XVIII  Correct / Incorrect
12.     Select the correct sentence:
A)   I hurt myself
B)   Myself hurt
C)   I was hurt myself
D)   Myself hurt





Answer: A





13.     Select the correct sentence:
A)   She sells sea shells on the sea shore.
B)   She shells sea sells on the sea shore.
C)   She sells sea shells on sea shore.
D)   Sea sells she shells on the sea shore.





Answer: A





14.     Select the correct sentence.
A)   He is an inemployed youth.
B)   He is an unemployed youth
C)   He is an enemployed youth.
D)   He is a disemployed youth.






Answer: B





15.     Select the correct sentence:
A)   If you work hard you should passed.
B)   If you work hardly, you could pass.
C)   If you work hard, you will pass.
D)   If you work hard, you would passed.






Answer: C





16.     Select the correct sentence:
A)   This is a most unique occasion.
B)   This is a more unique occasion.
C)   This is a unique occasion.
D)   This is an unique occasion.





Answer: C



TNPSC GROUP – II - April – 2010

17.     Select the correct sentence:
A)   I took pity on him
B)   I took pity for him
C)   I took pity about him
D)   I took pity in him






Answer: A





18.     Select the correct sentence:
A)   His uncle met with an accident
B)   His uncle met for an accident
C)   His uncle met on an accident
D)   His uncle met in an accident






Answer: A





19.     Select the correct sentence:
A)   I look forward to meet you
B)   I look forward on to meety you
C)   I look forward to meeting you
D)   I look forward for meeting you






Answer: C





20.     Select the correct sentence:
A)   I met an European in my school
B)   I met a European in my school
C)   I met with European in my school
D)   I met the European in my school






Answer: A





21.     Select the correct sentence:
A)   The competition for the 1st rank is for Tom and Ram
B)   The competition for the 1st rank is between Tom and Ram
C)   The competition for the 1st rank is among Tom and Ram
D)   The competition for the 1st rank is from Tom and Ram






Answer: B



TNPSC GROUP – II - November – 2007

22.     Match the following words and phrases given in Column A with their meanings in Column B and select the correct answer from the codes given below:
                        Column A                                         Column B
a)    Do not step on the grass            1)         asking for information
b)    How do you do?                          2)         warning
c)    May I come in?                             3)         greeting
d)    When does the train leave?      4)         asking permission
          
Codes:
                        a          b          c          d
           A)          2          3          4          1
           B)          4          3          2          1
           C)         2          1          4          3
           D)         4          2          1          3






           Answer: A






TNPSC GROUP V ANALYSIS

TNPSC GROUP – V - Year – 2003

23.       Find out the correct sentence:
A)   You are so lazy as Balu
B)   You are as lazy as Balu
C)   You are more lazy as Balu
D)   You are most lazy as Balu





Answer: B






24.       Find out the correct sentence:
A)   My mother bought this bag at twenty rupees.
B)   My mother bought the bat at twenty rupees.
C)   My mother brought the bag for twenty rupees.
D)   My mother bought this bag for twenty rupees.






Answer: D






25.       Choose the correct sentence:
A)   Diploma in computers is an one year course.
B)   The Diploma in computers is an one year course.
C)   The Diploma of computers is a one year course.
D)   Diploma in computers is a one year course






Answer: D




26.       Choose the correct sentence:
A)   A tiger does not eat grasses.
B)   A tiger does not eat grass.
C)   The tiger does not eat grasses.
D)   The tiger does not eat grass.





Answer: D





27.       Find out the correct sentence:
A)   The Calcutta is one of the biggest cities in India.
B)   Calcutta is one of the biggest city in India.
C)   Calcutta is one of the biggest cities in India.
D)   Calcutta is one of the bigger cities in India.






Answer: C

No comments:

Post a Comment