Tuesday 12 June 2012

Civil Services Exam 2011-12 IAS Topper Interview with Sundaresh Babu


UPSC-Civil Services Exam 2011-12 IAS Topper Interview with Mr.Sundaresh Babu

An Exclusive Interview
Name:  Sundareshbabu M
Rank: 38th Rank
Roll No:  061661 

1. Brief Bio data

            Did schooling at Bodinayakkanur and Completed B.Sc Agri at Madurai Agriculture College in 2004-2008 batch

Then Worked as an Assistant Manager in Canara Bank for one year 2008-2009

            On 2010 attempted 1st prelims Agriculture and Geography and at that time exam was in optional mode I got less marks in interview and agriculture then without loosing the confidence I did my 2nd prelims on 2011 with same subject Agriculture and Geography in aptitude mode and i succeed in All India Level as 38th rank and in Tamil Nadu level 2nd rank.

About my family

My father, Shri.Murugesan (Rtd. LIC)
My mom Smt.Jaya working as a teacher in Govt. school
I have 2 elders brothers Shri..Anand Prakash, IFS,Deputy Secretary.in Ministry of External affairs and
Shri.Prem Chander did M.C.A working in software company, Chennai.

2. Your interest in CSE

            As  said above I  Worked as a Assistant Manager in Canara Bank for one year 2008-2009 then resigned the post as I was impressed my elder brother Shri.Anand Prakash, who did B.Sc Agri and then write the Civil Services Exam, now, he is  Indian Foreign Service (IFS),Deputy Secretary in the  Ministry of External affairs. So I decided to get in UPSC.

3. Subject Selection

            Agriculture and Geography. As I told Agriculture is my main, I took geography because it is closely coincide with agriculture.

4. Coaching if any

            I spend all my time in reading. I am proud to say that I studied in a Govt. institution “All India CSE”, Anna Nagar and also I studied in Sanker academy for geography.

5. Preparation Strategy

            Without fail will read Hindu News Paper and keep myself updated and i plan to read atleast 8 to hours daily. Sometimes daily studies might be interrupted by some work but i will make sure atleast will read news paper and cover the syllabus. Planning plays a vital role in my way of preparation either you can plan by hours of reading or by syllabus.

6. Book List

General studies Books –  

            India Polity by LakshmikanthIndia year book, Economic Survey  and Yogajan, Gurukshetra magazines. Will never miss any special issues

Geography Books –

Physical geography by Savindra Singh,
Indian geography by Khullar,
Human geography by Majith Hussian,
Model and Theories by Majith Hussian and Siddarth,
Geography Maps by Majith Hussian or Siddarth.

Atlas –

 Oxford, TTK, Oriental Black maps spectrum geography

Agriculture books –

An introduction to agriculture by A.K.Vyas , Agriculture by Arun, Katyayan.
Plant physiology by Pumby and Sinah
Plant building and Genetics by B.D.Singh or Pundhan Singh
Soil Science by Dhilip kumar doss
Hank Book agriculture

8. Examination Experience 

    As I planned and prepared covered all the portions . Go through the question paper twice before answering.

9. Interview (strategy, questions, and atmosphere) – UPSC Board

      Strategy : No tension , Don’t interrupt, Keep eye contact , Answer bold even if you don’t know the answer and a special tips incase of any complicated questions for example between two state govt.  let the answers be balanced.


Questions:

About Mullai periyar issue,
An actor involving in politics is started by Tamil actors why? , 
Just about my work experience that why I went to bank sector and why I left the job...like that,
Scope for agriculture in future,
 Recent development in agriculture,
Fundamental duties,
Difference between task and duty,
Sanitary and python sanitary,
Bio- safety protocol,
Is agriculture subsidence’s right or wrong,
Agriculture related issues in WTO,
Climate change,
Kyoto protocol,
Turban platform for enhanced action on climate Chennai,
MSN,
Man Mohan Sigh is best P.M justify


9. Total Marks scored

Written

Essay                      -106

General studies     -265

Geography             – 323

Agriculture              - 334

 Written Total     : 1028

 Interview               195

Total Marks          1225

10. Any other tips you wish to share.

    Planning is very important spend 8 to 10 hours reading regularly and cover the decided syllabus, hard work is mandatory with dedication and commitment in a consistent manner , always be with high confidence.

      In my case unable to succeed in 1st prelims but with confidence I succeeded in 2nd prelims. Be in a positive mode.

  If you try this you will succeed, All the best.


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Gadag sir.Gadag,as you might have already experienced,is a place with great human resources potential.
    May I request you to kindly spend some of your quality time in guiding the younger generation .

    ReplyDelete