Monday 28 April 2014

TNPSC Exam-An Exclusive Interview with Ms.G.Poonguzhali, TNPSC Group I Exam Topper 2011-13 Exam Interview held on 7th April 2014

An Exclusive Interview with Ms.G.Poonguzhali, TNPSC Group I Exam Topper 2011-13 Exam Interview held on 7th April 2014

Brief Bio-data 

Name G POONGUZHALI
Age     27 yrs
Native Dist   Karur
Graduation   BE (EEE)
Father    Working in a PSU
Mother    House wife
TNPSC Attempts 2(wrote mains in both the attempts)
Achievements   District topper in higher secondary exam
TNPSC Rank 4
Post Allotted   Deputy Collector
Interest in State Services

 I was preparing for civil services exam conducted by UPSC.As the syllabus for state services appeared similar (except for the optional), I made a try in State services. In my first attempt I could not clear the mains. In my second attempt I made it.
Coaching and Strategy

Preliminary
     I prepared on my own for the preliminary exam. As I already cleared CSE preliminary of UPSC, it helped me in clearing preliminary of Group 1 exam. Having strong basics in the subject, some facts on Tamil Nadu, current affairs and practice would suffice in clearing preliminary.

MAIN Exam

    As Group 1 main exam comprises only of general studies paper, one needs an extensive preparation. My regular reading of newspaper (THE HINDU), taking notes for the same and frequent revision made me to write good answers. Substantiating one's answer with appropriate facts would fetch good marks.

Writing practice and completing paper on time is very much essential in clearing this exam. Sam sir of Apollo institute helped me a lot in this regard. His continuous feedback and motivation helped me to write better answers. Correcting one's mistakes on time, being open minded, systematic preparation, handwork, stay focused and positive attitude leads to success.

Interview

 I joined Manidhanaeyam Institute for the interview programme. Knowing about oneself i.e., bio-data is the first step in preparing for the interview. Forming opinions on current issues with appropriate justifications helps to give an informed answer in an interview. Attending mock interviews helps to overcome fear and fine tune one's answer. Being bold and confident without arrogance in the interview projects one well in interview.

Book List

 1. State board books 6th to 12th Standard
 2. Spectrum-Modern India, Statistics
 3. Websites-PIB, TN Govt, IDSA, Newsonair (news analysis, money talk, current affairs)
 4. Newspaper-The Hindu
 5. A book on TN facts by Shakthi Publications
 6. India Year Book (Govt Schemes consolidation)


Interview Experience

 I was the 4th candidate to the board in the afternoon. The following are the questions asked to me.

CHAIRMAN 

1. What is the meaning of your name?
2. Why do you want to join Group 1 services? Why can’t you try Indian Engineering Service? (Since I am an engineer)
3. What have you been doing for the last 6 years?
4. What is your score in plus 2 examination? (Since I was a district topper)
5. What is your father?
6. Are you appearing for Civil services Interview this time? (Wished me all the best for my interview)

Member 1

1. Where you finished your graduation?
2. What is the difference between Electrical and Electronics?
3. You are an EEE engineer. Tell me why Electrical and Electronics are linked together as one discipline?
4. As an engineer how can you contribute to administration?

Member 2

1. What is the use of IT in administration? (Since I was a software engineer in an IT company)
2. Tell me some projects on e-governance in Tamil Nadu 
3. You forgot one important initiative. Tell me that.(Member hinted that TNPSC also implementing e-governance initiatives  through online applications etc.)

Member 3

1. What is Android software?
2. What is the significance of Android software?
3. What are the other mobile software available?
4. Do you SMS often? What is GOK?


Marks Secured

Main (Written) Marks    507.5/900
Interview Marks              81/120
Total                            588.5/1020


No comments:

Post a Comment